• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis]
    When she introduces herself as a diplomat of Nerine, the black mare eases just slightly. She is still unfamiliar with the other lands in Beqanna, but she knows they are at least allied with them. It was a slim chance she was here to kidnap the daughter of a mere resident. Still, the spotted mare cannot completely shake away the way she looks at the roan filly, and Briseis is keen to notice. ”Are you here on business, then? Perhaps I could fetch Ilma?” There is a tilt of her head, and a pointed way in which she looks at her. The mare was here for something, she had to be, but it was unclear to her why the sight of her daughter had caused such a reaction.

Chryseis, mean while, is still staring jovially up at the newcomer, occasionally swishing her short tail. Her face beams at the compliment, and immediately she straightens proudly, like a peacock displaying his feathers. ”Thank you! It’s gold, just like the hair on my dad. My coat is kind of colored like him too. He also taught me to swim, because my mom wouldn’t. She said it was dangerous, but she says everything is dangerous.” Recognizing that her daughter was unlikely to stop talking anytime soon, she touches her muzzle against her withers, a silent request to quiet down. Chryseis obeys somewhat reluctantly, feeling bad that the spotted mare has to talk to her boring mom when her conversations were clearly more interesting.

Given the information in Chryseis’ speech, she is pretty sure it answers Breckin’s question. But the way that it is asked, causes her to pause, seeming to realize she needed to choose her next words carefully. There was a weight to the question, something that seemed to be a heavy burden resting on the stranger’s mind - and heart. ”Yes,” she begins slowly, not really sure how to best proceed with the rest of it. She didn’t know the situation, and she wasn’t sure if the truth was a good thing or a bad thing. ”I know him. We are simply...aquaintences, I suppose you could say.” Her gaze shifts down to the roan, gold-blazed filly, and then back to the leopard mare. Did she really need to say it?

”Leilan is my dad’s name! But I don’t call him Leilan, I just call him dad.” Leave it to the child to say what could have remained unspoken.

briseis.
    you’re ripped at every edge but you’re a masterpiece

@[Breckin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd trade all of my tomorrows [briseis&chryseis] - by Briseis - 08-15-2018, 04:10 PM