• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, Leilan

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    The roan chuckles at Briseis’ overcompensating worriedness. ”Hibernation’s only in winter, Briseis. Just teach her what scents to be aware of now, before she decides she has to do it later: on her own, when you’re of no influence whatsoever any more.” he shakes his head. He knows all too well, after all.

He’s inwardly relieved that Chryseis has decided to stop, not completely defying either parent already at least. Still, she can’t wait to get in, even if she almost slips in the water. He lifts a brow at her clumsy water walking, and pops an unexpected question. He gives her a mischievous grin and lowers his tone. ”Sharks? I’ve not seen any... but that’s the same as saying there’s no lake monster in Hyaline.” Of course, as far as he knows there’s no monster in there whatsoever, and he’s not exactly saying that there is... but then again, it should keep her interested in her home for a little while longer, until she’s old enough to grow over the fairytale. And who knows if she ends up the one with the scariest ghost stories, she might even be more popular among the other kids.

With Briseis nearing, he quickly lifts his head as if nothing happened, then moves further into the river to test the stream, to where he is barely standing, and she would no longer be. ”Come along then, it’s not swimming as long as your feet are still touching pebbles.” he challenges. Using his own body as some sort of dam against the worst of the current, he figures she can learn how to keep her head above the water at least, hopefully before she gets too tired. But even if she does, he’ll be sure to pull her out. She’s the only real light in his life that he can count on, after all.
    "dear crow, your voice is right enough;
    but where are your wits?"
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Briseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, Leilan - by Leilan - 08-15-2018, 02:30 PM