• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // Any

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

He admitted to having a deeper cause for his approach than simply the weather, using her title in such a way that she'd not heard before. She cocked a brow at the formality, but allowed it to pass in the next breath; such trivial things were beyond her scope of interest these days, as old age drove her somewhat insane. Immortal or no, she'd lived to see almost too many sunrises and sunsets - but Gods, don't let anyone interpret that as her wanting to be dead again. No, it simply meant that, as the years passed, she found herself settling into sageness.

Occasionally, anyway.

Ears perking, the Dosh settled her weight into a muscled hip as Ardashir launched into his spiel. The white warrior had plenty to say, much as she did; everyone thought soldiers to be ones of few words, but in fact that opposite was quite true for these two. Her mind drifted somewhat as his speech dragged on, her eyes dropping to the vastness of his figure; he would make a good councilor, one day. He speaks his mind, and he will have enough experience soon to warrant it. When he mentioned the word slave - an echo of something long forgotten in that Amazonian tradition - her refocused, weight shifting more upright as a torrent of words threatened to spill from her lips.

"What I want you to hear is this, Ardashir: you, and none who live here, shall ever be slaves." Her eyes - red and yellow and molten - flashed an acid green. "Long years ago, when our founders the Amazons were most full of pride, all stallions who resided in our land were called manservants - but that was simply a quaint way of saying slave. I lived to see that term abolished, and to see men welcomed as Brothers into our arms - but it is you, Ardashir, who lived to witness the complete acceptance of men into the ranks of the Sisterhood."

She paused, wondering if she was being too patriotic; but if anyone had the right to run her mouth about the Jungle, it was she who yet bore the Rose and Vine. "Your title has been won by hundreds who fought for equality in this kingdom. Do not let the shadows of doubt so grip your mind, when in the face of the past, you are walking a new trail. There is no shame in wondering, no shame in being scared; but there is shame in backing down from something you know you can handle." She leveled her gaze towards him. "And I know you can handle it."

Clearing her throat, the mare lifted a forehoof and sent the rest of her pent up energy into the earth, striking it repeatedly until the warmth in her chest slowly dissipated. Nostrils flaring, she considered Ardashir a final time, gradually lowering her head in acceptance of his tender thanks.

"I am the Dosh for a reason, Brother; to advise. You may come to me with any tribulations. I only hope that I can be of service to those in their times of need."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Ardashir]
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 07-09-2018, 10:15 PM
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Any - by Scorch - 08-14-2018, 01:28 PM