• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

just a girl taking too many chances [anyone]
    "Fascinating," she whispers breathily, brows furrowed inquisitively.  She'd watched from her vantage point as he displayed his predatory grin, finding herself taking a subconcious step closer; the temptation of getting a closer look was much too appealing.  But when the mention of his name finally settles into recognition, its like a brisk slap to her pale face.  It's enough to cause her to pause mid-step, before Breckin's hoof falls heavily to the cooling sands of the evening.  

"Of course you are," she replies with mild appreciation, in response to offering his name and claiming how safe he was, while matching his brow raise with one of her own making.  

The leopard mare had heard whispered ramblings of the stallion, though at the time she hardly paid any mind.  But the bits and pieces that she could recall seemed to fit well into place with what she had already learned of him thusfar.  Though it would be unfair to conclude that everything she had heard was true.  It was always better to get information straight from the source.  And she had come for a distraction afterall, she couldn't help but wonder if may be he would be the kind of distraction she was actually looking for.  Of course he would be, stupid woman.  He's already distracting you right now.  It was true.  A handsome fellow no doubt, but it wasn't his physical presence that was making it so hard to move along with her objective, it was his intellect and sharp wordplay that matched her stride for stride.  It was infuriating and exhilarating.

Breckin wanted to sigh, to release her internal resolve into the open air, but she refrained.  The longer she stayed upon the beach with him, the more she had come to realize that she was struggling to dissolve this exchange on her own.  And something would have to change.  The spotted woman knew she wasn't an entirely cold person, liking to think that for diplomacy's sake she was usually quite friendly.  Perhaps this interaction would have gone a bit differenly had she not already been in a sour mood (and honestly she couldn't admit she didn't not like the gent), or perhaps not, but Breckin knew she'd have to try to at least be a tad bit colder, despite how bad she might be at it.  Maybe then he'd tire of her manners and move along with his day since she couldn't seem to.

"I've heard some things about you, Ivar.  Depending on your perspective they could be seen as very bad, or very good," her smile tips precariously towards mischievious implications.  "Quite the devilish charmer is what it all the gossip seems to boil down to really, driving the ladies completely mental."  Breckin moves closer to him again, squaring up with him while remaining out of easy reach.  "If it's true, I don't blame you for being you, poppet." The smile turns nearly apologetic with a slight tilt of her crown, "Doesn't mean I don't hate it though." Actually I find you very interesting and don't entirely mind chatting, but go away.

"As for why I'm here, I wish I could say it was something along the lines of diplomatic research, but my reasons are much more self-indulgent than even that."  Offering a brilliant smile, she goes quiet while suffocating the rest of the questions that still begged to be answered, waiting to see if he'd lose interest in her bitterness or lacking response.

@[Ivar] Eh, sorry. This seems a bit all over the place. :|

Messages In This Thread
    RE: just a girl taking too many chances [anyone] - by Breckin - 07-11-2018, 06:10 PM