• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  let me go crazy on you [whoever's in the mood for Jack]
    Splayed upon a pillow of golden tears it lays in a mass at my hooves; broken and mangled with a vacant expression.

It was only a few minutes before, I'd been watching and waiting just beyond the outskirts of the clearing.  The thought of the surprise is thrilling enough as I feel the thrum of adrenaline freely coursing through my body.  I've been watching the predators, you see.  Actually, I've been the victim of the wolves enough to know the way they coordinate and maneuver.  It's fascinating to behold.  So fascinating in fact, that I've decided to have a go at it.  As a prey animal myself, I knew I would have an advantage that they never could.  She would never see it coming.

I move out beyond the treeline, dropping my head as she raises hers, so that I may give the illusion I am merely enjoying the spring grasses, but the black voids of my eyes never leave her.  It is only when she feels comfortable enough again to continue her grazing that I begin my approach.  A step and a grab of blades, another step and another grab of blades--until I am a couple horse lengths from her.  The limb of a giant finally departs from its place to crash upon the fire forest's ground, and the sound startles the creature enough to where she looks away from me.  My muscles coil in eager anticipation and I cannot hold back any longer.

Hoping to startle her further, I give a shrill cry before pushing my mass towards her.  For a moment my ploy works before she regains her instincts and darts into the canopy; her fleeing only fuels my cravings.  Though she is quick, my lithe body puts to good use its nimble frame.  The chase is longer than I would have liked, but with every passing second I make progress.  At last she hesitates when she crosses paths with a boulder, unsure whether to jump or make a turn, she falters a moment too long.  I know she regrets her lack in decisional mindset as I soon as she feels the crack of her ribs as my body careens forcefully into hers, smashing her fragile body into the face of the boulder.  I do not go unscathed from the impact of course.  The wind is pushed forcefully from my lungs upon contact and my neck, chest, and shoulder come away with broken skin and seeping blood.  My vision clouds momentarily, but the adrenaline brings my focus back quickly and I am ecstatically pleased at the scene before me.

Confused and bleating, she tries to scramble away yet.  I admire her unwillingness to give in and evade death--he can be a scary thing if you do not know him.  But admiration quickly ebbs to a hunger for an end result.  And this noisy, bleeding mess of a creature is finally understanding what I intend that result to be.

She hasn't made it far, so by the time I take a couple steps she is flailing beneath me.  My fore hoof falls gently to one of her front limbs, then suddenly I shift all of my weight into a downward strike.  The satisfying snap brings a smile to my darkened lips and I continue on to her other front limb with and equally satisfying snap.  My smile grows larger then, as I watch the shallow breathing of her chest for a minute or two.  She's all but fallen completely silent, realizing finally that darkness is upon her.  Curiously my head tilts sideways assessing the situations I had brought upon her.  Initially I had thought to leave her a broken meal for the wolves to finish, but the urge to finish what I've started draws my head slowly downward.  Lips part to bare incisors as they encompass the tawny fur of her neck.  With painstaking precision, I clench my jaws together, blocking her trachea from less and less airflow with each fleeting breath she takes.  The dark abyss of my dilated eyes watch coldly, burning brighter every second that hers grow dimmer.  And just as quickly as it all started, she rattles one last breath before going still.

It is only when I am sure that she has departed, do I step away to admire my handiwork, licking my lips clear of her blood.

A smile and a laugh is all I can give to the doe's corpse now while the pooling blood turns cold in the dying light.

Messages In This Thread
    let me go crazy on you [whoever's in the mood for Jack] - by Jackel - 05-17-2018, 07:53 PM