• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lost to these linens / diplomatic visit
    haze like a fever
    i fell like a dreamer for sweet tea and lemonade; it clings to my t-shirt it’s loud and it lingers, designed to suffocate. i light up to find what i’ve known all this time, there’s some beauty here yet
    Their trip to Hyaline is ultimately the shortest of all trips for the Nerinans. The mountainous kingdom rests as passage between the Leviathans and the rest of Beqanna, allowing the small group to travel only a short distance southern before they run into the border. Wishbone had been pleased to hear two other Nerinans step forward when she volunteered to travel to Hyaline — first a mare that she’s never met before (“Breckin,” Scorch had whispered in her ear) and then her own training partner, Tähti.

She’s been enjoying her time training with the younger filly, but she can’t imagine the homesickness that her friend must be feeling. While the mahogany girl lives for the thrill of life and all its recklessness, she’s noticed that Tähti leans more toward the path of being a homebody. Which is no fault to her, in Wishbone’s mind, and provides a cheerful mood to their trip. So too is the elder girl excited to meet Hyaline’s border; her sister rules here and her (similarly-minded) brother resides here. It’s a rare but blissful thing that she is able to deliver the news herself to them.

With spring just arriving following winter, Hyaline paints a beautiful picture as they stop at the border. The mountains are still cloaked in snowy drifts, their summits crisply white against the hazy blue of the spring sky. Floral life is beginning to spring out of the emerald grass of the land, with maple trees and cherry trees birthing sprouts from their bare branches. Wishbone knows that in just another few days the kingdom will be fully-colored in gorgeous hues of purple and yellow and white and green.

After glancing between Breckin and Tähti, Wishbone allows a peaceful call to rise from her throat while they come to a halt on the border.
    credit to eliza of adoxography.

@[Breckin] / @[Tähti] / @[Solace] / @[Kagerus] / @[Svedka] / Plus anyone else who wants to join!

Messages In This Thread
    lost to these linens / diplomatic visit - by Wishbone - 05-17-2018, 11:03 AM