• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any
    They make the journey in the air - thankfully, the flight from Tephra to Ischia is short, because his baby wings can’t carry him much farther than that yet. It helps that he can fly directly behind his dam, soaring in her wake the way migrating geese do to put the most strain on one well-rested bird at a time. Father doesn’t come - he doesn’t have wings, and Mother doesn’t want the journey to take forever and a day there and back. So Grye said farewell to his papa back near the volcano, knowing that it might be the last time he sees him until he is strong enough and old enough to make the flight back and forth himself.

Once they land on the shores of the island where she says his grandfather lives, Mother is noticeably anxious. Grye knows it’s because she’s away from Father - but it makes her short-tempered as well as she herds him along the beach looking for an older relative to drop him off with. Grye is not certain, entirely, why He must leave Tephra, where he was born, to live with grandfather in Ischia, but his parents have been less than entirely forthcoming. Dagny brushes him off with a ‘because that’s the way it has to be’, and honestly her maternal skills are lacking anyway. Oh, to be sure, he knows she cares for him; he is occasionally rewarded with affection for just being but more often Mother doles out those maternal reactions in response to him learning a new skill, or asking the right questions, or showing maturity far beyond what Father expects of him.

Despite his solemn and reserved facade, Father has been the more better parent. He expects his son to act like a child, and plays with him and is unreservedly affectionate. Grye already misses him as he trots along to catch up with Mother, and wonders which parent his grandfather is more like - because he is both of their fathers, and they couldn’t be any more different. Finally Mother notices him tiring and lagging behind, and she leaves him in the shade at the edge of the jungle and goes to look for Brennen. She expects him to nap, but he is wide-eyed at the new sights and sounds and stands near to quivering in anticipating instead. 
    Grye
    Olivier x Dagny
    devin's∇designs

@[Dario]/@[Drax] if you’re not too busy with other threads, he’s technically their uncle but he’s their age <3

Messages In This Thread
    tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any - by Grye - 04-17-2018, 03:30 PM