• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone]

She has an excellent sense of humour, something Leilan greatly appreciates in the spotted mare, and he grins to her jest that he is actually capable of speaches. Perhaps that's why she intrigues him so - she's two-faced, one side of her easily scared and the other of quick wit and fun to be around, toy around with. He definitely wants to see more of the fun side of this mare, and tries his best to get that out.

But she will need time - he understands that. She's only been dropped in Beqanna recently, and hasn't even decided if she should stay in Nerine - but he knows she belongs there, and they will help her develop more than he could ever try to help with on his own.

He smirks to her remark that he's not that irritating. "If I tell you it's a test, would you believe me?" he asks her, looking at her with his head slightly down so he looks fake-innocently upwards through his lashes. Lifting his head upwards, he takes a more serious tone. "But I would greatly appreciate your secret-keeping. Everyone knows me as the annoying one." he winks, and leaves it at that. She'd just decided that she does belong in Nerine, and he nods to her when she says she should seek out is mother. "She's not as scary as she likes to pretend. Her emotions are a bit extreme, so just let her rage and all will be fine after." he winks. He's not sure she needs the tip, but he knows that Scorch can make an unwanted impression, like when she almost attacked him for trespassing into Nerine on his return to see her.

Her eyes seek out his, and he smiles at her. "Don't you worry, I know where Nerine is." he winks at her when she's about to leave - she looks reluctant, but he knows where to find her sometime later this year. Or so he hopes. Her black spots on white will be easy to spot except in winter, after all.

When she has left then, he stares after her, even when she's long gone.

And suddenly realizes that shit, he still doesn't know her name.

Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the woods are lovely dark & deep [anyone] - by Leilan - 05-19-2018, 05:21 AM