• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

searching for myself [Brennen, any]
    Ceil blue gaze studies his grandsire’s facial expressions as he waits for his story to begin. Jesper’s day begun as a mystery and, at first, overwhelmed him greatly. How could he possibly grow comfortable in Beqanna if, she led a lost boy on an out-of-this-world adventure? Alas, the discovery of his mother’s sire seemed to restore the black’s faith. Perhaps, Beqanna knew what she was doing after all. This gesture on his behalf convinces the stallion not to fear the unknown. He could not fathom living in a state of dread. No, he vows that, whatever Beqanna holds in store for him, he will embrace it. This, newfound confidence adds a lightness to each footfall as young steed marches alongside mature mahogany male. A single whuff escapes nostrils in anticipation as story begins. Fur-lined lobe closest to Brennen faces him to capture every word while other lobe pricks forward. Jesper hangs on every word in revered silence. A pang strums raven steed’s heart as he learns that elder male grew up without his mother also. At least he got to meet his father. Jesper attempts to recall what he could about his own sire but, drawing a blank, he makes a mental note to ask about him later.

Although Brennen does not offer much more about his own father, Texas, Jesper detects a tone of respect that stems from love. The obsidian stallion watches as grandsire’s tone shifts. The moment he begins the tale of his conquests, Jesper notes his pride. However, he expresses admiration for his daughter as well – Jesper’s own mother. With this knowledge, the raven steed finds comfort in his choice to pursue becoming a warrior. Jesper heeds Brennen's next words carefully. With Brennen’s next sentences, onyx male understands the importance of becoming so much more than just a good fighter. In order to truly find fulfillment and, his purpose, Jesper would need to dig deep. He must stand tall and, strong. He needs to influence others for a cause that he believes in. He would need to inspire and motivate them. Of course, the life of a warrior runs the risk of saying goodbye before you are ready. To Jesper, it seemed as though this was his mother’s fate. She did die valiantly though. The youthful black supposes that, should mother and son share this fate, he would meet death willingly.

Light blue gaze takes in the magnificent cascade before them now. He could see why Ischia would be so attractive to his grandfather: a shoreline, like that of the Beach and, a waterfall, which captures the bay’s heart like his children and, grandchildren. Gaze shifts from the captivating plummet of water to honey orbs of his grandfather. His words carry the weight of his emotion with each syllable and, Jesper can sense that Brennen dearly misses that part of his life. A sigh escapes nares as a wave of sadness washes over raven bronc. He soon refocuses and, realizes that Brennen’s tale wraps up with one last sentence. Jesper stands in silence for a moment, unsure of what would be appropriate to say. He then decides to start with the obvious.

“Thank you for indulging me, sir. I hope I did not cause you any pain in asking you to stir up those memories. I would have very much liked to see the Tundra or, the Falls. Alas, I am grateful for the sacrifices of the generations before me. I hope Beqanna continues to show me her ways. I plan to explore each kingdom in search of any living kin. I promise to stay in touch with you, of course.” Stepping slightly closer to winged warrior, whiskered muzzle stretches out to place a gentle nudge on his shoulder. After all, Brennen took time away from his duties to welcome Jesper and, answer his many questions. This certainly is not goodbye but, the raven male felt the need to acknowledge elder's many gestures of kindness before setting out.

@[Brennen]
    OOC: I am sorry for keeping you waiting! And, for wrapping up this thread. If you want to continue, Jesper can definitely stick around <3

Messages In This Thread
    searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 02-09-2018, 12:06 AM
    searching for myself - by Jesper - 02-11-2018, 06:34 AM
    RE: searching for myself [Brennen, any] - by Jesper - 03-17-2018, 01:52 PM