• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Offer me that deathless death. Ivar, any.

I V A R
    i'll use you as a makeshift gauge of how much to give and how much to take
    When it was bitterly cold in the very heart of winter, the sea up north sometimes froze into crests of motionless surf. The ice there was thick and impenetrable, covering an endless acreage of black water and empty sea. Ivar thinks of it frequently, but less so when he is in company. He is not sure if he reminisces to seek pleasure or to punish himself, and so he does his best to avoid remembering altogether. He is successful for the most part, but there are times – times like these – when he cannot help himself.

A shiver crosses his broad shoulders at the memory, but given the crisp air that blows around them that is nothing unexpected. It’s an appropriate reaction to the surprise of someone coming up alongside him without warning. Ivar had – admittedly – been a bit distracted, but he is so rarely truly startled that his scowl remains even when he sees who it is. Even as Heda slinks alongside him like a jealous cat, the kelpie does little more than incline a single dark ear in her direction. He does not match her smile until she presses her satin wing to his side; only then does he smile down at her.

She introduces herself to Trissy as both Ambassador and Consort, and Ivar runs a possessive muzzle down the slope of her neck as she settles in on his other side. Sandwiched between two mares is not a foreign daydream to the piebald stallion, but usually there is a bit less tension in the air when it comes to his fantasy.

“Trissy would make an excellent diplomat,” he tells Heda. “I think you’ll find that she’s quite adept at getting what she wants. Such skill is useful for… the kingdom.”

There’s less clouding of his thoughts in said daydreams, as well, but the emotion that Heda has placed on him keeps him leaning more against her (though wants Trissy close as well, ever an instinctive creature). Distance might be good, he reasons, and so the kelpie pulls ahead, scrambling atop a rough patch of boulder to survey the nearby land.

“We should show Trissy the kingdom,” says the kelpie, his tone neutral and somewhat distracted. His brown gaze is on the long line of the narrow canyon ahead of them. “What do you think she should see first?”

king of loess
    minimal smoky grullo tobiano | equus kelpus

Ugh I am sorry this suck but I wanted to get y’all something!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Offer me that deathless death. Ivar, any. - by Ivar - 01-12-2018, 07:13 PM