• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

undo the knots of the past // any

Solace

The stallion pulls a jagged breath into his lungs, and Solace again senses his unease. But his brave face is convincing, and anyway, other mare steps in and Solace relaxes. He follows with a good question, and she is happy to answer. 

"Generally it means I'm the welcoming party," she quips lightly with no hint of sarcasm or resentment in her voice. Newcomers were the lifeblood of her kingdom. Beqanna had been quiet, and for several years the lake territory had only known peace, and she liked it that way.The title of Caretaker had been Amet's decision right before he passed the crown to her, but Solace had always found it fitting and never thought to change it. Queen implied one who was to be served, whereas Solace had given up her home and sworn off her would be lover until Hyline was flourishing. 

"I am the leader of Hyaline, Takei. Most days are quiet here and I work to keep it that way." I may be an elusive answer, but she didn't want to dive into the nitty-gritty of running a kingdom if that wasn't what he was looking for. "If politics interest you," She glances back to Kagurus to make sure she understood that she still addressed both of them, "we can always discuss such things after you have settled. Everyone in Hyaline is welcome to be involved as little or as much as they like in the running of things - meeting other kingdoms, welcoming newcomers, offering the lost or homeless a home, those are a few of the tasks some of our residents take on. It is my job to make sure things run smoothly - that everyone who wants to help is given the opportunity, that those who need restoration are cared for, and those that want to just live their lives are free to do so." 

She sees the way Kagurus looks at the sightless stallion, inquisitive and caring, and she takes a step back with a smile playing on her lips. "If you need anything, I'm around the lake in the afternoons, and I'm always glad for a little company."

caretaker of hyaline

Solace is happy to answer questions if you have any more! But I figured I would leave them to get to know each other unless someone addresses her again Smile
    Solghostdoll2

Messages In This Thread
    undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 12-21-2017, 04:48 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 12-28-2017, 02:22 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 01-03-2018, 12:22 AM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 01-05-2018, 09:39 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by takei - 01-09-2018, 11:26 PM
    RE: undo the knots of the past // any - by Solace - 01-14-2018, 03:59 PM