• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Playing with fire - Terran

Terran

It pains me to realize that I may not be the one to offer her a shoulder of comfort in her later years. Phoenix immortality … what a gift! Jinju will come to know a thousand deaths and furthermore, a thousand new lives and I … well, I’ll be her first.

For me, that’s good enough.

“Hey!” She cries indignantly, the sound of her voice all I need as reassurance that I haven’t upset her too much. It’s a relief - I’m battling so much with what to say or do around her that sometimes, I feel like I’m walking on eggshells. But she’s in a playful enough mood, this much is evident by the way she’s quick to catch up with me.

Her teeth grasp my mane, tug a little bit, and I choose to join in by hopping slightly and stamping a forehoof down in playful retaliation. Together we prance; black, gold, and red in a handsome pair as the forest sends us in one direction and then the other. I’m at her mercy - following wherever seems familiar to her, letting her rediscover a place once forgotten. It’s entrancing enough, watching the way her ruby eyes roam over our home, the way her gait is light and airy. She seems at peace therefore, so am I.

“We can go anywhere you like! This place belongs to everyone now.” I laugh, picking up a swift trot to close the distance between us. “But I can’t stay too long, love. Aunt Titanya is expecting us … I should probably begin to look for her.” I admit once I’ve reached her. My tempo slows, the arch of my pale lips reaching out to tap Jinju gently against her silky croupe.

I didn’t want to leave her, but I knew that I must.

All around these golden beacons, I see nothing but black

@[Jinju] sad face but also, happy face.

Messages In This Thread
    Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-14-2017, 03:49 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-15-2017, 05:52 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-17-2017, 10:19 AM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-19-2017, 03:45 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 12-22-2017, 03:10 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 12-26-2017, 03:28 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 01-07-2018, 06:57 AM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Terran - 01-10-2018, 04:32 PM
    RE: Playing with fire - Terran - by Jinju - 01-20-2018, 04:02 PM