• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  From the ashes a fire shall be woken; Caelestra

Aodhán
    little fire
    All that is gold does not glitter; not all who wander are lost
    The young stallion honestly hadn’t known what it was truly like to battle. He’d also tried (way too hard) not to hurt his opponent; but then while he did all that to prevent the fight from actually happening, she just kicked his ass. Oh, and by the way, she gave him the Plague. She only healed it in the latest moment.

Now Aodhán was suspicious, and didn’t quite return home - was it still his home at all? - just yet.

He managed to drag himself from the Plains to the River, but that was about as far as he would go right then. He would be back soon, and have to talk to the mare who had bestowed a magical sickness in him that had him on the brink of death; far worse than it had been before. And it made his shifting abilities wonky - in short he didn’t dare to come near her, for fear she would release the Plague onto him and then all of Beqanna too, perhaps. For all he knew, he might be contagious right now? Maybe she was the source of the original Plague too? Who had that much power over death?

He had no energy or willpower to shift into a fish or serpent or really anything that would take him home from the River to the Pampas quickly. As such, the exhausted young male kept his latest form: that of a white Axolotl.

@[Caelestra] sorry for double tags, my sentences were all weird
    Caelestra

Cael had been quite used to wandering around Beqanna with no home, usually strictly keeping to exploring and avoiding settling down anywhere. While this lifestyle wasn't the easiest it definitely had its ups and downs, the mare had the chance to meet  lots of new horses and help wherever she can, though with this always came the curse of being where she shouldn't be at the wrong time, which also would usually lead to conflict or trouble, a prime example being when she decided to confront a dragon. Never again.

Now the bear had arrived at the river, her favourite place to settle down and gorge herself on the many types of fish that swam through these parts, but today seemed rather quiet, perhaps the fish had slowed their migrations, or maybe they weren't migrating at all, all she knew was that she was rather hungry after her trip from the Icicle Isle.
    As she walks along the shore she notices a white shape starting to form in the distance, though since it is small she cannot pinpoint what it is. The bear quickens her pace and nears what appears to be an axolotl "Oh, I don't think I've seen one of you before" she tilts her head in bear form and lowers herself to sniff the animal, her first instinct would be to eat anything fish like that she found, but this little Axolotl seemed a little different.
    Cael now shifts back into her horse form, nudging the small Axolotl back toward the water.

As the pushes, the small creature, a small aura of white light appears around her nose in an attempt to give the small creature energy through healing. After some very careful nudges, the mare manages to push the axolotl back into the water, moving to block the current so that the small creature wouldn't float away.

@[Aodhan]
    [Image: YDKFjJC]

Aodhán
    little fire
    Aodhán doesn’t think he ever was as smart as he had believed before, and only ever really was as naive as young wants ought to be. Now, he knows he should have quit when he knew her disease manipulation was something he could never match; sickness was to be conquered with healing power or magic, or not at all. That she would use it against him in battle shouldn’t have been a surprise, even if she seemed so sweet and timid - she had a dark side he hadn’t known about before, and he could only hope she had truly let him go after their battle.

But what’s done is done and now he just lay there exhausted. It seemed like forever, but in retrospect the hybrid knows it might have been mere minutes.

A bear showed up, and one moment, Aodhán feared his amphibian form might be mistaken for a fish. Helpless due to the lack of energy, he is relieved when the she-bear pushes him into the water - and turns out to be a horse with healing powers.

More relief - or is it the healing energy - flows through him, and energy finds his brain and tongue. But axolotls don’t talk, so he takes another form - it costs some of his newfound energy, but in the water stands a bear not unlike she was before, though white in coat just like the axolotl has been (not a polar bear, those would have been slightly larger and with more dense fur). A shy grin follows. ”Hi.”

@[Caelestra]
    Caelestra

Wandering around Beqanna and healing those that were in need of it was her favourite thing to do, exploring the weird and wonderful lands that were collectively known as Beqanna, lumbering around as a large bear and enjoying all the fish she could find, along with the occasional clumsy deer, life was enjoyable, especially when she didn't get into troublesome situations, like the one with a dragon.

The last thing the mare was expecting was for the Axolotl to suddenly change into a bear, though to be fair, this sort of thing was not that surprising in Beqanna.
    The mare tilts her head curiously as she moves around the bear, admiring its pale coat "Well well, Axolotls, horses and bears oh my. And what a handsome bear too" she humorous, halting once she reaches the front end of the white beast. "Hello," she flutters warmly "I'm Caelestra. But call me Cael" she smiles kindly.

"So what's an Axolotl-Bear doing out here in the river" she asks curiously "You should be glad I wasn't hungry" she humours as she shifts back into her bear form which she is a lot more comfortable in, preferring to be coated in thick fur and armed with sharp claws, it was definitely a lot easier to get out of prickly situations in her bear form, and so the mare preferred it a lot more to her horse form. 

@[Aodhan]

Aodhán
    little fire
    A bear isn’t a form Aodhán himself usually takes, but the mare-bear before him had left him little choice in the matter. His shifting still a bit unstable, it had caused him to take her form - but that wasn’t so bad, not at all.

Well - it is, he notices when he starts to shuffle his paws underwater, flushed by her easy compliment on his bear-form. Clumsy as one can be when they’re not familiar with what they shift into, he almost stumbles and when he does that, has to stabilize himself on instinct - in the end, he falls on his hind and looks up at her with a dumb grin on his face from a sitting position. ”I’m Aodhán.” he says. ”Neither bear nor axolotl, normally.” He yawns then, grabbing his nose with both front paws and almost tumbling back over once again - this time he’s glad with a larger form, as he rocks back and forth in the water.

”I challenged Noah for the Brilliant Pampas, but she made me really sick. Like the Plague, do you know it? I hope it’s not contagious like last time. I think she also healed it, but I can’t be sure.” Thinking slowly, the white bear cocks his head at the brown one. ”Are you a healer? I could swear I was nowhere near recovery just now.”

@[Caelestra]
    Caelestra

The dark-brown bear giggles as Aodhan falls on his rump, copying him as she takes a tumble, falling onto her behind as she looks at him with a raised eyebrow.
    "Well, maybe you need a little more time as a bear" she muses, her paws softly situated on the damp ground below her, claws drawn and clinging onto the dirt.
    She cannot remember the last time she had met a bear, or if she even had met one, but it was most definitely delightful to hang around her own kind she thinks as he begins to explain why he had wound up here.

"The plague huh? That was quite a troubling time" she says with a glum expression, casting her mind back to when she couldn't do anything to help those that were affected by the sickness.
    "That is not a very nice thing to do," she says, referring to how he had caught the sickness "But I am indeed a healer, I travel around Beqanna and see what I can do to help" she smiles, dropping herself onto her side with a large yawn.

@[Aodhan]