• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  birth::a single flame can penetrate the darkest darkness; until it blows out; Raed
    Winter had hit Beqanna, the snow layered the ground in a whiteness that screamed newness, purity, beginnings.

One encounter is all it had taken to change Lethy's life, and give her hope for a new reason to be. She had grown with child. The days passed slowly and meticulously. She had watched her body grown, and always stopped when her child moved within her no matter what she was doing. She didn't want to miss a single part of this new beginning. A small crease grabs her brow, the movements seem to be getting less and less as of late. In fact, she didn't think she had felt her child move today. It was still early though, the sun had barely crossed the horizon into the winter blue sky. As wide as Lethy had grown, she was sure she would be due any day. Poor babe, there's probably not enough room for you to move in there. she gave a small chuckle and continued on her way. 

Her mother, father, and adoptive mom all taken from her in the blink of an eye. She had no reason to stay where she had been before Beqanna. The water took her away and planted her here, and this had to of been why. Some interstellar being knew she needed a place to start over, a reason to live and now she would have a family of her own. 

Lethy walked lazily along the river watching the water move beneath the icy cover. Even the trapped water had a place to go somewhere. She stopped as she pawed at a patch of green barely hanging on, taking shelter under the fresh laid snow. 

Lethy bent her lean golden neck towards the straggle of grass at her feet as a sharp pain surfaced across the scar on her muzzle, down her neck, and penetrated deep into her sides. Her front legs buckled under the pain and she collapsed to to the ground, disturbing the fresh blanket around her. A scream parted her lips as if she were calling to the heavens above. this can not be happening to me, to my baby 

The instant that everything spans away, and nothing seems to matter except survival. That moment you know everything is changing and nothing will be the same. A gut wrenching feeling that something isn't right. Your world splits in two and there is nothing you can do about it, nothing you can say. All you can do is let silent tears flood eyes, releasing like a dam to cascade down your face, leaving evidence of a catastrophe in its wake.

As Lethy cried through her pain, her mind cracked with grief. She pushed when her body told her to push, pushing for eternity. All those countless hours watching her body grown and provide for her unborn child, the meticulous moments feeling her babe roll within her loins. Lethy bared down, teeth grinding against teeth, the taste of failure soaking her mouth. The metallic smell of blood and death wafted across a cool winter breeze under her nose as she felt the pressure pass through her body and just like that there was no more pain. Lethy squeezed her eyes tight as she sobbed, refusing to acknowledge that once again the idea of family had once again eluded her. Silent tears, dripped from her face becoming lost among the snow, melting away escaping into the river along with Lethy's last grasp to consciousness.     
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Raed] 
    occ - i was going to wait to do this later this month but I looked at my calendar and after this weekend it's crazy busy.
    IMG-20190524-092123-677
    it's a lonely road, I know,
    and nothing ever stands between a bullet and your soul;

As was his nature, he wasn’t very good at sticking around. He had not completely abandoned her, but it had been awhile since he last saw the golden mare that he had met in Loess. It had not been his intention to seek out company in that sense that night, but the temptation of autumn – accompanied by the sensuous curve of her hip and the sweetness of her voice – had proven to be more than what he could resist. It wasn’t the first time it had happened to him, and it likely wouldn’t be the last.

He assumed it wouldn’t be long until their child was born, but he was apprehensive about seeking her out beforehand. Once it came down to developing any sort of meaningful connection, Raed had a habit of freezing. He had children that he had never met; he had laid with mares that he never saw again. It was a flaw, but one that didn’t seem to be mending itself any time soon. There was something about Lethy that told him, however, that he needed to find her.

It was purely coincidental, though, that he came across her at the river.

With the land blanketed in snow, the smell of birth and blood was stark. He followed it cautiously, the sound of his footsteps muffled. He could hear her thoughts before he actually saw her, and for a moment his heart quickened in anticipation. It isn’t until he actually comes upon her that he realizes something is wrong. “Lethy?” He says her name to keep from startling her, but his movements are hasty as he comes to her side. He touches her first, his lips finding her tear-stained cheek, before daring to let his eyes travel to the small, lifeless body behind her. He did not have to go to the filly to know that she wasn’t alive; when he tried to enter her mind, there was nothing. An empty silence as dark and endless as the night, but he reaches to touch her anyway. Still damp from birth, but cold, and he touches his blue lips to her equally blue forelock. She would have been a perfect combination of the two of them, with a golden coat and bright blue mane and tail.

He swallows the sorrow that he felt away, instead turning back and lowering his head to where Lethy laid. He uses his muzzle to softly wipe away the tears that lingered on her cheek, before gently pressing his lips into her neck. He wants to say something, anything, to ease the hurt he knew that she was feeling, but there was nothing that could even scratch the surface.

R A E D

@[Izora Lethia]
    [Image: Raed.jpg]
    (click for full size)
    I failed her. My body failed her. Maybe if I had been more careful, if I hadn't have given into the plague so easily. I should have paid closer attention to her movements, gone to the mountain as soon as I had noticed her lack of movements. I could have begged the fairies to do something.  This is all my fault. the sound of her name pulled on the only string to consciousness that she had. Raed. His voice was a single life preserver among an endless darkness threatening to take Lethy away.

His lips found her neck quickening her sorrowful heart enough to pull her from the void she was slipping into. Her eyes fluttered open to land upon on his. Her body was filled with exhaustion from the remnants of plague and the newness of giving birth. She struggled to find her feet and when she did she leaned into Raed, breathing him in one last time before preparing herself to turn around. She didn't know if she could handle what she already knew to be true.

Lethy swung her neck around taking in the small gold and blue filly. She walked ever so carefully to her hoping that this was all just a dream. She nuzzled her baby's golden cheeks just one breath, that's all you need she thought to herself, knowing it would never happen. Grief gripped her heart once more, cracking it into thousands of pieces. she's gone she said absently her breath hitching in her lungs daring her to break. They are all.. gone she said again still looking down at her child. Her voice became harder as the finality of it all took hold of her. She turned and walked away from the lost filly, stopping only to embrace Raed one last time I am sorry she whispered any and all signs of emotion slowly being packed away to be forgot, all except for the blame she's placed upon herself. This day will forever break her over and over again. And with that she took off along the river, away from her failures, and away from the only life line she had, Raed. She did not want to pull anyone down this self destructive path with her.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Raed]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677