• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i don't have my head on straight ; starsin
    He’s honestly not even sure why he decided to follow Starsin’s advice and come to Loess, but he had anyways. There, he had made a home to raise his children in, and though they are still young, they have been raised in relative safety. None of them have contracted the plague yet, at least, though he knows Cress would do her very best to keep the young ones as healthy as possible. He does love them, but they are not quite convincing him to stay here. Cress would watch over them if he were to leave, and make sure that they grow up well.

He has an itch to wander. He wonders if he was ever truly drawn to this place, or if the girl had just been manipulative enough to persuade him that he belonged in Loess. That Cress was safest here, in a world that was hunting down healers to bend to their wills. He knows that was a lie – Castile just wanted to keep the healers to himself, to make the world grovel at his hooves in order to get a taste of relief. Before Oxytocin had gone to his daughter and dragged her away from the Resort, she was helping; she was healing. She had been traveling between Tephra and Island Resort to give aid to their infected and he had pulled her away from that. She had important duties here, and she would be safe. What had become of that? All she has done is worry about her daughter and help raise her siblings.

He has not seen sweet Dawn in some time, since the day she visited all of them with the scent of a man clinging to her skin. A wash in a river and some hours near the border had not washed away the scent of the lion or the sweat marks that clung to her flanks, and she had not fooled anyone. Cress yearned to go help the girl once her time of birthing drew near, but she hadn’t dared leave Loess without Castile’s permission. He had spent several nights comforting his draconic daughter while waves of smoke rolled from her tongue and tears dried on her cheeks.

The man is just... tired of it. His life has become monotonous and he is bored.

The morning light wakes him early and he climbs to his hooves to stretch, his dark eyes scanning the horizon for any of his children. It seems as though he is alone for once, and he sighs as he comes to accept it. They have grown and have their own lives now, and though he is grateful, he is so damn bored.

@[Starsin]
    immune.

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

To her, Loess was far from boring. But then again, she really had a penchant for just interjecting herself wherever she felt like it. She created her entertainment if there wasn’t any to be found, and she always appeared oblivious to the feathers she ruffled in the process. Tossing lit matches onto dry kindling was almost a hobby of hers, and Loess it turned out was just full of  brittle things begging to be caught on fire.

Most of her time she feels as though is spent inspecting newcomers and visitors, and this morning when dawn broke across the sky, she began to make her way towards one of the rocky ledges that she found most suitable for scouting. In the dim light of the early morning her star-like dapples glowed vibrantly, and her dark blue eyes peered keenly from behind her sable forelock. She did not make it to her destination that morning, as the winds shifted and a familiar scent drifted to her. For a moment, she pauses, her elegant head cocked askew as though she was considering whether or not to seek out the scent, or keep going.

Her curiosity gets the better of her, as it so often did, and it is not long before she is approaching the swarthy man. The blood that had began to drip from her nostrils a few days ago had dried and flecked away, and whatever remnants were left behind seemed to nearly blend with her nearly black muzzle. But the cough that she had been fighting, and the way her cobalt eyes were glassy with fever, was enough to show that the sudden strengthening of plague had finally clutched her in its ruthless grasp. “Good morning, Oxytocin.” Her honey-liked voice had a faint rasp to it, her throat raw from the coughing fits that kept her up at night. It didn’t keep her from curling her lips into a sweet smile, tilting her gaze up to meet his when shes says to him, “You seem bored. We should fix that.”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

@[Oxytocin]

He has always had a lust for trouble. As a yearling he had made enemies with the Deserts after his takeover of the Valley, and the years had created more and more enemies for him. He had despised Eight, when he stole Oxy’s crown; even his love for Kindling had dissolved into something resembling hate towards the end. He had consistently stirred up trouble in his youth, and if not for his more powerful allies disappearing, he is sure that the ambition would still be there, somewhere. Perhaps it is just buried too deep for the old man to find right now.

Though his children are spread to all ends of the kingdom – and maybe beyond, but he doesn’t dwell on it – he does not remain alone for long. The familiar shape of Starsin materializes on the horizon, her star-markings glowing in the early sunlight. He nearly laughs, but refrains as she approaches; had the mere thought of her summoned the girl? He would not be surprised. She has a penchant for being in all of the right places at all of the right times – maybe it’s just his time to interject himself into the fun this time.

The sight of her bloody nose is enough for him to take a step back and away from her, disgust plain on his face. “Good morning, Starsin,” he answers tensely, his head high and his eyes suddenly wary. Naturally, one of the only people here that he can stand has come in contact with the plague, leaving her weak and ill. She tries to hide the symptoms well, but the look in her eyes is feverish and the sweet smile she offers him alongside the blood staining her lips makes her look like something out of a horror story.

Resisting the urge to leave, he shifts his weight back and forth. “I am bored,” he tells her, eyes suspicious. “What exactly do you have in mind?”

OXYTOCIN

I don't have my head on straight

@[Starsin]
    immune.

and let me crawl inside your veins. I'll build a wall, give you a ball and chain.

She had escaped the effects of the plague right up until the very end; when the mountain shook and took with it the last bits of magic, and the plague strengthened and spread. She had never even realized that it had lain dormant in her veins this entire time. She remembers watching as Ophanim had succumbed to the symptoms, and she had never understood why she never did. It wasn’t as though she had kept away from him; there was every reason for her to have been ill, too. How peculiar that she had harbored the sickness in her this entire time, and instead of displaying symptoms, she had only spread it. To Ophanim, and apparently to Vadar (he blamed her, as if she had done it on purpose – ironic that the one thing she actually had no control over is what someone finally decides to try and call her out on).

But she cannot hide it now, and when she stands before him all glossy-eyed and fever-stricken, she doesn’t need her mind reading to see the way his face twists in disgust. All it does however is incite a roll of her eyes, accompanied by an exasperated sigh as she says irritably, “Oh seriously, how did you survive the plague this long if you can’t handle a little cough and blood?” Her eyes narrow for a moment, and briefly she seriously contemplates smearing the blood from her nose across his shoulder. That would piss him off for sure, but, she had decided awhile ago that Oxytocin was someone she would make an attempt to not have him despise her the way almost everyone else did. And so she sighs again, loudly, and takes an exaggerated step backwards from him. “Is that better, princess?” But the smile that edges across her lips is one of amusement, betraying the sarcasm that laced every syllable of her words.

“I’m not entirely sure, but I don’t think any of us will be bored for much longer,” She continues, her black tail flicking idly at her hocks, but she does not elaborate. Her gaze shifts to stare towards the west, as though she can see beyond the forests that separates Loess from Tephra, and when she looks back to the older male, there is something like a shadow that has crossed her face, her voice suddenly quiet, calculating. “If it came to it, would you defend Loess?”

starsin

it’s not like me to be so mean. you’re all I wanted.
    ( just let me hold you Like a hostage. )

I feel like our timeline is a lil screwy since the plague has been healed. I'm also pretending that Starsin knows Leli is Queen of Tephra now - would make sense she would have to leave Loess to go do that - so she is suspicious that Leli might want to retaliate, but she doesn't know yet, obviously.

@[Oxytocin]