• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  your best american girl

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Perhaps he senses her contempt; perhaps his previous experiences, and his knowledge of his past-self, just make him more cautious and self-aware. He knows the instant he tells her that she will not be given a position in Nerine, but that she can work to earn it, she probably wants something easier. Or perhaps, she thinks that if Nerine is strong as he presents it, the kingdom just doesn't need her.

It doesn't, really, though it never hurts to add more bodies to an army (but if it adds more refugees he'd likely send them over to Hyaline or Tephra in a heartbeat). Still, somehow he's not very regretful when she asks to go with Magnus. Either she likes the mystery of the man. Even if Leilan doesn't exactly show everything he's got, or is, or wants to be; he doesn't carry the same air as the Tephran man. The air of 'there might be more but I don't want to tell you right away'.

Leilan just doesn't want to tell at all, not all his secrets, his past emotions and memories - they're tucked away in a safe place and nobody gets to reach them. Especially her - with her honey-laced words that somehow have the opposite effect on him (though that's probably only because he's given his heart away previously) - and he can only shrug at her dragged-out words. Her blush, though barely visible on her already-pink skin, is enough proof for him that she'd always go with Magnus and his no-nonsense-but-has-depths-to-it appearance; he smiles a little at the man, almost apologetically, as he turns to leave.

"Jude, Magnus. It's been a pleasure, but I feel like I'm becoming a fifth wheel. Good luck, you two." With a wink to both of them, he calls his 'loss', and leaves them alone.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[magnus] @[peregrine jude] I think this point made a good ending on my part so there you go. Have fun together -winkwink- xD
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |