Beqanna
[private] Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Printable Version

+- Beqanna (https://beqanna.com/forum)
+-- Forum: OOC (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Forum: Archive (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+---- Forum: Lands (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=98)
+----- Forum: Tephra (https://beqanna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+----- Thread: [private] Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia (/showthread.php?tid=19435)

Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Scorch - 05-15-2018

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Not a week since Hestia's passing, Scorch journeyed from Nerine to Tephra. The weight of a crown atop her age-weakened back left her feeling some kind of way - and not a good one, or at least, not an enjoyable one. She would always have a stupid sense of superiority over anyone who stood above her position-wise; but being at the top again frankly sucked. A part of her loved the responsibility and intricacy and excitement of it all - but a greater part of her reminded her just how shitty a mother she was as queen, and of how peaceful life as an advisor had been. Exciting still - just without the headache.

Along with her on this journey was Porcia, Nerine's highest ranking diplomat now that she'd taken the crown. They traveled in amiable silence, occasionally speaking, but never of anything too imperative. The journey was a long one - the longest that Beqanna had to offer in fact - but they arrived in a timely fashion, the weak winter sun directly overhead as they met with the ash-kingdom's scentline.

"I hope this is as fulfilling as you'd imagined," the burly mare offered with a characteristically foxy smile; but the expression faded not long after, as Scorch remembered just how close the soon-to-be mother and Hestia had been. In fact, Scorch remembered well the pain of the loss of her own not-mother, and grief flooded through her again. Frowning at these strange feelings of loss that she'd thought she'd become immune to, the Queen reached out for her friend, pressing a comforting and needy touch to her shoulder; an apology, but also seeking strength in this time of confusion and weakness.

Straightening, Scorch offered only a look of solidarity and understanding before raising her cracked lips to call for Warrick. She'd been here a year ago, proposing a child exchange, the very one which delivered his daughter to Nerine's shores; and now, she came with even more news concerning that very child.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Porcia] @[Warrick]

I marked it private as I'm trying to keep these threads concise.

RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Warrick - 05-15-2018

we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
Time moves fluidly and without mercy, cloaked along the breadth of his broad back and found in the depths of his worn, cerulean eyes. There is hope flickering among the color of oceanic irises, however, despite the unforgiving trudging forward of time. He has begun to see his legacy unfold before him (becoming a grandfather, learning that Tangerine is pregnant once again and has nestled herself into the warmth of their mountain) and it gives him renewed strength and life, bringing power to his cobalt wings as he soars his homeland. Always close to the stars, but never far enough to truly get lost in their allure. His closest friends knew where to find him, and found themselves always glancing upwards to see the osprey-king bathed in sun and sky, tinged with the salt of the ocean and stars in his eyes.

Scorch and her confidant reach the muddy border of the peninsula at low tide, the smell of salt and sand vibrant in the warmth of the sun. The breeze, however, loosens the heaviness of the humidity during the winter months and Tephra’s air is actually quite tepid as it filters through the inland grasses. Clear, wind-scrubbed skies do not hide his bold form against bright blue, immediately flicking the longer feathers of his wings to turn himself quickly towards the sound of her call, wing beats echoing across the golden expanse.

His hooves greet the damp mixture of sand and dune grasses, splattering onto his navy legs and muscular, auburn chest as he settles into a slow walk before them. Warrick halts squarely, brows rising curiously at the sight of Scorch and the other, wondering what has brought them here before him today, and quietly museful as he notices the solemnity of their gazes. His heart leaps into his throat but the feeling is imperceptible by the Leviathans as he swallows hard and offers them both a swift nod of greeting.

“Scorch,” he says, eyes fixating on the scarred woman with concern in the deep blue of his eyes. He can only think of Wishbone, for what other reason would the Nerinian find herself here?
Warrick

@[Scorch] @[Portia]

RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Porcia - 05-15-2018

Porcia
Her life has fallen into a state of shock, she did not have a family for most of her life, but she found Hestia over a year ago. The ebony queen quickly grew to be a mother figure in Porcia's life and she had grown so fond of the grumpy mare who was unable to hide her childish ways from Porcia. She was never able to introduce Hestia to Rome, to tell her of her unborn child. Her heart ached, and she longed to see the ebony mare one last time but life continued on. She could grieve in silence but she had to continue with her duties to her kingdom, to her relief Scorch took over rule and Porcia did not object. She had grown quiet fond of the hairless mare, and if anyone would replace Porcia she was glad it was Scorch.

Today they traveled to Tephra, her very first diplomatic visit and she was beyond ecstatic. It was a rather silent journey, but Porcia did not mind. She was ending her pregnancy and every day grew closer to birthing, her sides were huge, much larger than the average pregnant mare (though twins never ran through her mind). I hope this is as fulfilling as you'd imagine Scorch noted and she forces a smile on her maw, she was truly excited but she felt guilty smiling so soon after Hestia's passing. It seemed almost as though Scorch knew exactly the feelings Porcia had, she pressed into her shoulder and Porcia accepted it warmly with a true smile.

They came to a halt and Scorch calls out for the ruler of Tephra, the bay and navy pointed stallion soon came. She could not help but notice the warmth the kingdom offered, no snow in sight which was a nice change from the snow she sees in Beqanna. Her attention flicks back to the stallion and she dips her head slightly to him. They were here to take back Wishbone, Scorchs child and Porcia was more than excited to meet the filly. Some of the Nerine members may be upset of Scorch's choice to place Wishbone as the heir but it seemed fitting to Porcia. The stallion only says Scorch's name, as if he was expecting her. My name is Porcia, nice to meet you she announces her name but falls silent awaiting to Scorch there reason for meeting with him.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Scorch]@[Warrick]

RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Scorch - 05-17-2018

The Overseer wasted no time, as she'd come to expect of the well-mannered man. As his hooves splattered into the mud, Scorch inhaled deeply, preparing herself to deliver the news; that, in essence, she'd stolen his child... But hopefully, he would come to see it her way. God knows she'd done enough thinking on this matter to warrant an easy interaction here today.

"King Warrick," She allowed, maintaining a serious expression as the man opposite her's gaze delved into her molten red-yellow eyes with an intensity she admired. Yes; she remembers well the fear of a child's life; and at the thought, her heart goes out to Philomena, the little girl she'd adopted nigh on two years ago. But they were not here to speak of her; Scorch could only hope the spotted girl was at least alive and well, if not active and dutiful.

Scorch listened to Porcia introduce herself before continuing. "We come bearing the news of Queen Hestia's passing." Blunt, and impersonal, but utterly true and vulnerable nonetheless. Her lips twitched, but the expression couldn't quite be called a smile.  "I stand before you now as Queen of the Leviathans. But that is why I have come to see you today."

"Your daughter, Wishbone, who you sent to me in a gesture of good faith, has agreed to be Nerine's heir." Her words came now with more sympathy and care, for this information dealt with the living, when no amount of care could ever do anything for the dead. Fuck you, inconsiderate asshole. Scorch wanted to grin at the good-natured banter coming from Hestia in the afterlife, but contained herself, continuing after a slight pause for the king to absorb the information.

"I hope that this is not seen as an offense to you, or to Tephra. In fact I chose Wishbone not only because she shes immense promise as a leader of the Leviathans, but because I would like to secure our kingdoms' alliance beyond the shadow of a doubt. With Sylva already hitting us where it hurts, we must present a united front."

Falling silent, Scorch stood completely still, refusing to allow her gaze drift from Warrick's. She hoped that Porcia wouldn't mind how much talking she would do in comparison to the new ambassador, but for now, she could not express that hope out loud; instead, awaiting Warrick's answer.

Scorch

RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Warrick - 05-17-2018

we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
The black and white woman introduces herself, and though concern plagues his oceanic gaze, he is able to offer Porcia a true smile (warm and inviting as always, genuinely glad she has come to Tephra with Scorch) with a polite dip of his head towards her. “Greetings, Porcia.”

Scorch wastes no time (he had always enjoyed that about her, and it quells his anxiety to know that she will go straight to the point - good or bad - every time). The name on her lips is unfamiliar to him: King. But he accepts the title with a gracious nod, for he knows that it is from a high place of respect and honor that she calls him as such. His gaze remains steady and unwavering, his jaw clenched tightly as she addresses him, updating him. A frown creases the cobalt of his lips at the news of Hestia’s passing - and perhaps for a moment he is more sorrowful than they are. Of course, they have had time to process the death of their Queen, but Warrick can only imagine. It does not take long for his brow to furrow above his sad, wise eyes as he contemplates what Nerine’s next move could possibly be.

He does not have to think about it for long, because Scorch is more than willing to fill in the gaps. It did not surprise him that Scorch has now taken Hestia’s place as Queen (a fitting title and position for the scarred and hairless warrior), and a swift nod of agreement placates the announcement, as well as a murmur of acceptance in his throat. 

‘Your daughter, Wishbone - ’

The King’s expression changes - his head tilts slightly and he instinctively takes a step towards Scorch, searching her face with a slack jaw - and fear is found settling loosely in his gaze. It changes quickly again into one of surprise, brows rising as she informs him that Wishbone has been selected as heir to the Nerinian throne (and by relation, is safe and sound). He cannot help the soft snort of surprise that escapes him, curving his muscular neck so that his chin rests near his mahogany chest. As Scorch’s words sinks in, his eyes gently roving to Porcia to see perhaps her own reaction then back to Scorch, he wonders if he should even be surprised in the first place. Is it really so shocking that his wild-eyed daughter would assume the lead of the Leviathans? At this thought, an easy smile graces the Overseer’s lips.

“I have always told Wishbone that she had been destined for great things. I obviously did not realize that this is what destiny had in store for her, but if she has accepted the responsibility, myself and Tephra are more than willing to oblige to the change in leadership. I have done all I can for her here in Tephra, and beneath your council, she will thrive.” A pause.

“Nerine will thrive.”
Warrick

@[Scorch] @[Porcia]

RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Porcia - 05-18-2018

Porcia

He offers a friendly greeting, he was much nicer than she had expected.

Her gaze flicks from the large stallion to Scorch, she jumps right to the point of the visit. She announces Hestia's passing, hearing it over and over does not get any easier, it still stings. But her mind is quickly shifted when Scorch announces that she is the new queen of Nerine.

Scorch brings up the topic of Wishbone, how she chooses wishbone to be the heir of Nerine. Porcia looked around eagerly, as if the conversation would speak the filly into existence. She had never seen or even heard of the filly before the kingdom meeting when she was announced the heir. Porcia wondered so much what she would be like, would she be friendly? Would she be strong like Hestia and Scorch are?

Her eyes gaze back to Warrick, looking to see if he approved of the decision. He could easily deny the offer and cut of all ties with Nerine, but instead he accepts it. Of course, who wouldn't want there child to be a heir of a kingdom? She would be Queen of Nerine while he still ruled Tephra, a win win for Warrick. I look forward to meeting your daughter, to ruling under her. The words flow followed with a smile.

Tell Me Your Fate

@[Warrick]@[Scorch]

RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Scorch - 05-19-2018

Warrick emotes as many men chose not to, vivid in his expressions and clear with his exact feelings towards each new subject that Scorch unexpectedly brought up. She appreciated this blatancy, the lack of a veil; it had taken her years to see as vulnerable a side to her best friend, Brennen, but in an instant she received it from Warrick. They were the same that way: wearing their hearts on their sleeves, unabashedly.

His words came after one such instance of raw emoting, as his hooves brought him closer to the pair of Leviathans when the subject of Wishbone came up. Scorch's mutilated ears flicked forward in earnest interest, keenly listening to exactly what the Overseer had to say; although his opinion would not be the ultimate decider of Wishbone's ascension, it did matter a great deal, to everyone involved. When he clearly approved of the decision, Scorch almost breathed a sigh of relief; but instead, she nodded matter-of-factly, as if she'd expected this gracious acceptance of a sudden change all along.

She smiled at Porcia's comment, glad that her temporary subjects were pleased with the heir she'd chosen for the Nerinian throne - at least, none had expressed any disapproval. Although she would have heard their opinions on the matter, the truth of it was that none of the Nerinians were ready to rule right now except for herself. And she didn't say that out of vanity, but out of experience, wisdom, and calmness. Perhaps Nayl or Djinni could have shouldered the burden too, but neither mare were active enough in the kingdom to warrant such a boost in the ranks.

"We will thrive," She reiterated with a grim smile.
"Before we are on our way, I will some political intentions clear: I've spoken with Brennen, and we have agreed that a triangular power force between Tephra, Ischia and Nerine will be more than enough to combat the rising darkness. Hyaline, though neutral, will remain at the center of our triangle as a sanctuary, though their warriors are welcome to join our forces. Loess fucked with Ischia, so they are our enemies now - and if you are willing to come into this with us, they will be yours, too."

Shifting her weight backwards, Scorch eyed the horizon and glanced to Porcia. It would be a long walk back. With a heaviness she'd forgotten came with the beauty of the crown, she looked back to Warrick and dipped her head. "I trust that you will consider my words; and of course, you are welcome at Wishbone's coronation, whenever that might be."

Farewell, Warrick."

Scorch

You can answer if you'd like but YA GIRL IS SWAMPED and this is basically all that needed to be said. A one liner to let me know Warrick's thoughts works, or just whatever really. Pleasure doing threads with you as always Dar <3
@[Warrick]@[Porcia]

RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - Warrick - 05-20-2018

Warrick accepts.
He'll meet Scorch again at Wishbone's coronation.

<3